Accounting - What the Numbers Mean Training Course
View the First Session for Free
Access to the video is sent to the email address you provide below.
This course provides an understanding of accounting information. It takes the user through the basics of what accounting information is, how it is developed, how it is used, and what it means. It's an excellent course for bookkeepers, accountants, and small business owners.
Financial statements are examined to learn what they do and do not communicate, enhancing the user’s decision-making and problem-solving abilities from a user perspective. Achieving expertise in the preparation of financial statements is not an objective of this course. Instead, we designed the course to assist users of financial information to learn “what the numbers mean” in a clear, concise, and conceptual manner, without focusing on the mechanical aspects of the accounting process.
The course is an eleven-week course (one session per week). However, the course is an on-demand, self-study, self-paced course. Therefore, the length of the course is determined by the time you dedicate to the course and your understanding of accounting information.
Important: When you purchase the course, we email you a course access code. The code provides you access to the course for 6 months beginning from the time you access the course with the code.
- Accounting - Present and Past
- Financial Statements and Accounting Concepts/Principles
- Fundamental Interpretations Made from Financial Statement Data
- The Bookkeeping Process and Transaction Analysis
- Accounting for and Presentation of Current Assets
- Accounting for and Presentation of Property, Plant, and Equipment, and Other Noncurrent Assets
- Accounting for and Presentation of Liabilities
- Accounting for and Presentation of Stockholders' Equity
- The Income Statement and the Statement of Cash Flows
- Corporate Governance, Notes to the Financial Statements, and Other Disclosures
- Financial Statement Analysis
The materials included with this course include:
- eTextbook (You can also purchase a printed textbook for $60 when you redeem your access code)
- Pre-assessment Test
- On-demand Video Instruction
- Case Studies
- Mini-Practice Sets
- Instructor Support
- Post-assessment Test
- 22 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credits
Note: NACPB courses are delivered in an eLearning format. For more information on eLearning, click here.
The steps to completing the course are as follows:
Step 1: Take Pre-assessment Test
Determine your pre-education knowledge and skill by taking the pre-assessment test.
Step 2: Watch Video
Watch chapter instruction video.
Step 3: Read Textbook Chapter
Read textbook chapter.
Step 4: Complete Chapter Exercises
Complete textbook chapter exercises.
Step 5: Complete Chapter Problems
Complete textbook chapter problems.
Step 6: Review the Case Studies
Step 7: Complete the Mini-Practice Sets
Step 8: Take Chapter Quiz
Take chapter quiz.
Step 9: Request Instructor Support
Email your instructor course questions.
Step10: Take Post-assessment Test
Determine your post-education knowledge and skill by taking the post-assessment test.
$319 Member (log in to the Members Only portal)
To order the Course, click the Order button below.