Nonprofit and Government Accounting Fundamentals Training Videos
Nonmembers View the First Session for Free
Access to the video is sent to the email address you provide below.
The videos provide Nonprofit and Government Accounting Fundamentals education.
Nonprofit and Government Accounting Fundamentals addresses the essentials of accounting and reporting for not-for-profit and government entities. The course addresses the similarities and differences in accounting and reporting for not-for-profit and government entities. The focus of the course is on fund accounting and the preparation of external financial statements. Fund accounting is an accounting system used for recording resources whose use has been limited by the donor, grant authority, governing agency, or other individuals or organizations or by law. Fund accounting emphasizes accountability rather than profitability and is used by nonprofit organizations and by governments.
- Introduction to Accounting and Financial Reporting for Governmental and Not-for-Profit Organizations (21 min 31 sec)
- Overview of Financial Reporting for State and Local Governments (17 min 36 sec)
- Modified Accrual Accounting: Including the Role of Fund Balances and Budgetary Authority (19 min 7 sec)
- Accounting for the General and Special Revenue Funds (32 min 36 sec)
- Accounting for Other Governmental Fund Types: Capital Projects, Debt Service, and Permanent (24 min 15 sec)
- Proprietary Funds (23 min 53 sec)
- Fiduciary Funds (26 min 22 sec)
- Government-Wide Statements, Capital Assets, Long-Term Debt (31 min 3 sec)
- Advanced Topics for State and Local Governments (22 min 12 sec)
- Accounting for Private Not-for-Profit Organizations (32 min 18 sec)
- College and University Accounting (26 min 52 sec)
- Accounting for Hospitals and Other Health Care Providers (25 min 5 sec)
- Auditing, Tax-Exempt Organizations, and Evaluating Performance (28 min 23 sec)
- Financial Reporting by the Federal Government (11 min 49 sec)
Free Member (log in to the Members Only portal)
To order the Videos, click the Order button below.
We send an email with instructions to access the videos. If you don't receive the email, please check your Junk Mail before contacting us.