Assure Clients of Your Payroll Knowledge, Skill, Experience, and Ethics
The Certified Payroll Specialist (CPS) license is accredited by the National Association of Certified Public Bookkeepers (NACPB). The license is recognized throughout the United States and its properties.
The Certified Payroll Specialist license assures clients of your payroll knowledge, skill, experience, and ethics.
The nationally recognized license:
- builds credibility,
- validates knowledge,
- demonstrates skill,
- verifies experience, and
- confirms professional ethics.
The CPS license is the premier accreditation for payroll personnel providing payroll services for small business clients. The license allows you to place "CPS" behind your name.
Certified Payroll Specialist requirements include:
- Complete Payroll Certification,
- Complete QuickBooks Online Certification,
- Verify one-year of payroll experience,
- Agree to abide by the CPS Professional Code of Conduct, and
- Obtain 16 hours of continuing professional education (CPE) each year beginning the year after you obtain your license.
Do not complete the CPS Application for Licensure (Application) until you have completed the license requirements.
To complete the Application, click the Application button below.
To pay the Application fee, click the Order button below.