Bookkeeping Certification Exam
NACPB's Uniform Bookkeeping Certification examination (exam) is the exam administered to candidates who want to obtain Bookkeeping Certification. The exam is developed and maintained by the National Association of Certified Public Bookkeepers (NACPB).
Candidates who complete the Accounting Fundamentals course and pass the Bookkeeping Certification exam may communicate to employers they possess Bookkeeping Certification and distinguish themselves and build credibility by having authorized use of the Bookkeeping Certification certificate and logo.
Our Bookkeeping School includes the exam.
The exam is used to test the candidate's competency. The exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions and simulations. To pass the exam, you must receive a minimum of 75% (37 out of 50 questions).
The exam tests the following:
- Accounting: The Language of Business
- Analyzing Business Transactions
- Analyzing Business Transactions Using T Accounts
- The General Journal and the General Ledger
- Adjustments and the Worksheet
- Closing Entries and the Post Closing Trial Balance
- Accounting for Sales, Accounts Receivable, and Cash Receipts
- Accounting for Purchases, Accounts Payable, and Cash Payments
- Payroll Computations, Records, and Payment
- Payroll Taxes, Deposits, and Reports
- Accruals, Deferrals, and the Worksheet
- Financial Statements and Closing Procedures
Time to Take and Pass the Exam
You have one year from the date of purchase to take and pass the exam. If you don't pass the exam, you can retake the exam by purchasing a retake exam.
Schedule to Take an Exam
Exams are taken on Accounting Analytics' Online Testing Center. You can take an exam at anytime and from anywhere with an Internet connected computer, tablet, or phone.
When you're ready to take the exam, go to Accounting Analytics' Schedule an Exam web page and schedule the date and time you want to take the exam. Access to the exam will be emailed to you the business day proceeding your scheduled date and time.
Taking the Exam
The exam is open-book and you have two hours to complete the exam.
- Bookkeeping Certification Examination,
- Bookkeeping Certification certificate, and
- Bookkeeping Certification logo.
To order the Exam, click the Order button below.