Individual Tax Fundamentals Training Course
America's #1 Individual Tax Course
This course provides individual federal tax education and is required to take the Tax Certification exam.
This course is a popular first-level tax course that provides a clear concise explanation of the fundamental tax concepts covering individual federal tax planning and compliance. The course covers core individual tax concepts and principles including gross income, deductions, and credits.
The course is a nine-week course (one session per week). However, the course is an on-demand, self-study, self-paced course. Therefore, the length of the course is determined by the time you dedicate to the course and your understanding of individual federal tax.
- An Introduction to Tax
- Tax Compliance, the IRS, and Tax Authorities
- Tax Planning Strategies and Related Limitations
- Individual Income Tax Overview, Dependents, and Filing Status
- Gross Income and Exclusions
- Individual Deductions
- Individual Income Tax Computation and Tax Credits
- Business Income, Deductions, and Accounting Methods
- Property Acquisition and Cost Recovery
- Property Dispositions
- Retirement Savings and Deferred Compensation
- Tax Consequences of Home Ownership
The materials included with this course include:
- eTextbook (digital) with print loose-leaf textbook option
- Pre-assessment Test
- Exercises and Problems
- Answers to Exercises and Problems
- Instructor Support
- Post-assessment Test
- 28 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credits
Note: NACPB courses are delivered in an eLearning format. For more information on eLearning, click here.
The steps to completing the course are as follows:
Step 1: Take Pre-assessment Test
Determine your pre-education knowledge and skill by taking the pre-assessment test.
Step 2: Read Textbook Chapter
Read textbook chapter.
Step 3: Complete Chapter Exercises
Complete textbook chapter exercises.
Step 4: Complete Chapter Problems
Complete textbook chapter problems.
Step 5: Take Chapter Quiz
Take chapter quiz.
Step 6 Request Instructor Support
Email your instructor course questions.
Step 7: Take Post-assessment Test
Determine your post-education knowledge and skill by taking the post-assessment test.