Accounting Certification Exam
Free Practice Test
Access to the free practice test is sent to the email address you provide below.
NACPB's Uniform Accounting Certification examination (exam) is the exam administered to candidates who want to obtain Accounting Certification. The exam is developed and maintained by the National Association of Certified Public Bookkeepers (NACPB).
Candidates who complete the Accounting Principles course and pass the Accounting Certification exam may communicate to employers they possess Accounting Certification and distinguish themselves and build credibility by having authorized use of the Accounting Certification certificate and logo.
The exam is used to test the candidate's competency. The exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions and simulations. To pass the exam, you must receive a minimum of 75% (37 out of 50 questions).
The exam tests the following:
- Accounting Principles and Reporting Standards
- Accounts Receivable and Uncollectible Accounts
- Notes Payable and Notes Receivable
- Merchandise Inventory
- Property, Plant, and Equipment and Depreciation
- Accounting for Partnerships
- Corporations: Formation and Capital Stock Transactions
- Corporate Earnings and Capital Transactions
- Long-Term Bonds
- Financial Statement Analysis
- The Statement of Cash Flows
Time to Take and Pass the Exam
You have one year from the date of purchase to take and pass the exam. If you don't pass the exam, you can retake the exam by purchasing a retake exam.
Schedule to Take an Exam
Exams are taken on NACPB's Online Testing Center. You can take an exam at anytime and from anywhere with an Internet connected computer, tablet, or phone.
When you're ready to take the exam, go to NACPB's Schedule an Exam web page and schedule the date and time you want to take the exam. Access to the exam will be emailed to you the business day proceeding your scheduled date and time.
Taking the Exam
The exam is open-book and you have two hours to complete the exam.
- Accounting Certification Examination,
- Accounting Certification certificate, and
- Accounting Certification logo.
Member $80 (Order through the Members Only portal)
To order the Exam, click the Order button below.
If you are not satisfied with this Exam within 14 days of receipt, contact us and the fee will be refunded.